It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:13 pm
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Pan Note: #108
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:52 am 
Narrator
Narrator

THE PAN NOTE EDITORS proudly present:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Trick or treat?

Welcome to issue #108 of The Pan Note! It's October and soon it'll be Halloween! This of course means that the holiday activity season has started for the holidays of 2013-14 and Trick or Treat is already underway. Links and more information on the event can be found on Headlines.

This upcoming month marks only one Panbirthday but that one is possibly the most important one of all. On November 15th, Fleance becomes a year older and so does Pandect. November 15th is the anniversary of the first time Dina drew pages for Pandect. There is no better date to post new fancreations or any other Pandect related posts. The Eds would like to send out our early congratulations to both Fleance and Pandect (and Dina!).

In this issue, we have some new art, some new Noted threads and pages and of course a lovely chareply from a very lovely lady. As mentioned in the previous issue, we're doing Panfacts at least until the end of 2013 and there is a new Panfact waiting for all of you at the end of the issue.

As always, we hope you'll enjoy this issue. We'll be back next month so 'til then!

Click on an image to contact one of the Eds:

Virgie...............Maiju

Image Image

Or send a pm to The Editors usergroup to reach us all!

The next issue will come out November 21st, 2013.

NEW PAGE UP!!

Why the serpents need the journal? Should Edgar have told Fleance that Noah was serpent supremacist? What do you think Titus and Noah are doing? Do you think Fleance is in danger? Share your thoughts and assumptions on the Recent Pages board!

Chapter 17 Page 23: Her journal is missing....

Our reaction!
"Dun dun dun!!!"
"The library is full of mystery"

Trick or Treat 2013 hosted by Maiju

It is October! It's time for Trick or Treat! Participants must have received the name of their recipients. Don't forget to make your present! Don't forget to check Trick or Treat 2013 thread every now and then, and share your progress! Everyone else, don't forget to check the ToT presents posted by the participants at the end of October.

FANARTs of the month

He lied to me... by Starlit!
Responding to the new pages, Starlit drew a nice sketch of Edgar.

Did you know that printed Pandect has its own comic site now? Bookmark Dina's new Smackjeeves page in order to follow the progress of the colored version of Pandect and don't forget that you can follow the progress (and get spoilers!) also on Twitter, Facebook and deviantArt!

Attention fans of Avatar: the Last Airbender and the on-going Legend of Korra! A new thread has been posted up on the Anime and Manga board for the fans of these shows so if you're fond of either or both, stop by the ATLA & Lok thread. Please note that the thread is filled with spoilers regarding both past and the latest episodes.

And in other news... Sagie is selling her dog Max's puppies (contact Sagie if interested!), VV made a return to Facebook, there was momentary panic due to a possible character name change, Mume got the new Pokémon game and Hillbilly Cleatus has baked a pie.

Welcome to The Characters Reply! This month the lovely Rose is presenting a recipe that will suit even the most un-baker-like bakers out there. All you need is about 30 minutes of your time, a working microwave oven and some ingredients. There are no excuses not to try this one out!

If you have any questions for our Charepliers, please post them in the
Chareply thread.

Without further ado, here's Rose!

Dear Panboarders,

Now that the school year is in full swing again I thought you might like this easy peasy recipe that only takes half an hour – and a microwave!

Microwave Coffee & Walnut Cake

What you need
  • 85g very soft butter
  • 85g golden caster sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 85g self-raising flour
  • 2 tsp instant coffee powder
  • small handful walnut pieces

• 1 tsp instant coffee powder
  • 1 tsp milk
  • 25g very soft butter
  • 100g icing sugar

What to do
Dissolve the instant coffee powder.

Beat the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, followed by the flour (watch out for lumps!) and the coffee. Spoon in most of the walnut as well.

Transfer to a microwave-proof dish and cook on 800W/high for 2 minutes. Reduce the power to 600W/medium and cook for 2 more minutes.
After 4 minutes, check to see if the cake is cooked – it should be risen and spring back when touched. If it needs a little longer, cook it for an extra minute, then check again until it’s done. Let the cake cool down.

Meanwhile, make the coffee butter cream. Dissolve the coffee in the milk, then add the butter and icing sugar. Beat the mixture until it’s smooth, spread it over the cake and top with the rest of the walnuts.

The walnuts and even the coffee are optional, of course. You can use any flavour and any kind of topping or icing. Don’t forget to share with your friends! This recipe is guaranteed to make you quite popular during study breaks. Enjoy!

Bon appétit,
Rose

<3 Many many thanks to our Chareply writers Sihaya and Metanaito! <3

Happy halloween, everyone!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Panfact #31: Ceasar is part American and part Thai.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Re: The Pan Note: #108
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:38 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Great note you guys.
We need more microwave cake recipes!! *Is ovenless*

How come you guys are waiting 5 weeks this time instead of 4 for the next note?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:05 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

It's always the third thursday of the month, Sage, but October has 5 thursdays this year :)

Congrats on another note, guys <3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:14 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

I thought it was one every 4 weeks. O_o;
My bad.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:01 am 
Narrator
Narrator

Yup, the third Thursday of the month. ^0^ We get these 5-week breaks a few times a year because of how the calendar year goes. 12 issues per year and 52 weeks in a year. ^^ On average that would mean four five-week breaks in between issues, right?

For me, these longer breaks between issues are a total time trap. OTL At first I'm all "woohoo, there's so much time 'til the next one!" and then, about a week before the deadline, I go: "Oh crap, the Note! It's been so long, I forgot all about that!" XDD;;;;; Luckily Virgie usually wakes up to the upcoming deadline faster than I do, so she gives me a heads-up. ^^

Anyways, thanks for the comments, you guys! <3

Find me and Miko in the The Kpop Thread.
Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

AMAs 2011 and 2012 - People Pleaser. Thanks so much for this honor! <3

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:44 am 
Prince Ace
Prince Ace

Really great note! That cake sure does look tasty. haha glad my return to facebook is note worthy.

User icon by Terra!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:08 am 
Narrator
Narrator

The cake is brilliant but the timer on my microwave is a bit unreliable so it ends up too dry sometimes :l

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]