It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:37 pm
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Pan Note: #109 (The PANDECT IS TEN YEARS OLD NOW issue)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:04 am 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

THE PAN NOTE EDITORS proudly present:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

10!

Welcome to issue #109 of The Pan Note! First and foremost, our most cheerful congratulations to Pandect for its 10th anniversary since its creation! On the 15th, both Fleance and Pandect became a year older, which meant that the comic finally reached double digits! And next summer, we'll be celebrating full ten years of Pandect the web comic! Congrats to Pandect and Fleance and our deepest thanks to Dina for having the passion and patience to work on the comic for over ten years now. The whole fan community owes so much to you, Mommy-D. We hope you know how much you're appreciated by us.

And Fleance's isn't the only Panbirthday worth mentioning this month. We've got the birthdays of Cleatus (Dec 7th) and Olga (Dec 18th) to still look forward to this year! Since Cleatus has been such a trendy character in the past few years, we're hoping to see new threads pop up in honor of his big day. And besides, creating new threads is a great way to ensure your position in the voting for the AMAs. The annual event that celebrates active members of the forum is back again for the 2013 awards and the first round for the Members' Choice Award is on right now. Check out Headlines for more information on how to nominate and vote.

Also in Headlines, we've got the recap from the recently ended Trick or Treat and the sign-up information for this year's Secret Santa, the sign-ups for which are currently on-going. The turn out for this year's ToT was really great and we're hoping to see that repeat with SS. Another holiday activity that is presently at a sign-up stage is the Holiday Card Exchange of 2013, where there's already a great lineup of Pangoers signed up to send cards and other greetings to each other. The information for that event, as well, can be found in Headlines.

Our very own Holiday Message Board is back for the holiday season of 2013 and we would very much appreciate it if you took the time to type a message or two for it. You can find more information on the event in - yes, you guessed it - Headlines. We're looking forward to being able to post lots of messages next month! Also in this Note we have ToT inspired art, some Noted things and a super delicious cookie recipe from a lovely lady who is featured in not only one but two different sections of this month's Note. ...Yes, one of them is Chareply and the other is of course The Official Panfact.

As always, we hope you'll enjoy this issue. We'll be back next month with our Holiday Issue!

Click on an image to contact one of the Eds:

Virgie...............Maiju

Image Image

Or send a pm to The Editors usergroup to reach us all!

The next issue will come out December 19th, 2013.

NEW PAGE UP!!

Valerie showed up! Did you change your opinion about her? Where would she take Edgar? Ice met Cleatus!! Do you think he is in danger? Ceasar is scared of the water! Do you think he sucks? Share your opinions on the Recent Pages board!

Chapter 18 Page 04: I suck

Our reaction!
"Don't worry Ceasar, there's plenty of plankton for you to study. :D"
"I wonder if Ceasar could swim"

The Active Member Awards hosted by the mods

The annual awards that are given to active members of this forum, to appreciate their contribution which made the forum active, has started again this year. Throw in your nomination on the 2013 Members' Choice Award: FIRST ROUND thread before December 10th, 2013. For those who are new to this event, please read the The Active Member Awards Info Thread first. Show your appreciation to your fellow Panboard members by nominating them and let's make the Panboard more alive!

Trick or Treat 2013 hosted by Maiju

Thank you for everyone who participated in Trick or Treat 2013!! It was awesome. Everyone got their presents and no one is thrown to the Hall of Shame. There are cool fanarts, there are interesting fanfics and what makes it more awesome is... someone also got cosplay pictures for her ToT present. If you haven't seen those amazing presents, visit the Trick or Treat '13 Presents thread and share your comments on the Trick or Treat '13 Present Discussion!

Secret Santa '13 hosted by Maiju

Did you see those arts, fics and cosplay pictures posted on the ToT 2013 presents thread? Envy them? Don't worry, you still have a chance to get them this year. It's almost December and it's time for Secret Santa!! Give and you will receive something in return, for more information, read the Secret Santa '13 thread and sign in on the very same thread on November 30th, 2013 at the latest.

Holiday Card Exchange 2013 hosted by Sagechan

We have a lot of activities near the end of the year! Interested on getting some cards from your fellow panmembers around the world? Join the Holiday Card Exchange (HCE) 2013!! Read how and sign up here before November 28th, 2013. If you want to join, please decide it fast to ensure that your name is on the list. It will reduce sagechan's work and your fellow HCE participants could prepare your cards on time.

The Pan Note's Holiday Message Board

The Holiday Message Board is an annual TPN event that allows you to publicly send (a) message(s) to your fellow Panmembers. Thank them for making the board a fun place or may be a warm place for you by sending them some holiday greetings, make it known to everyone that you remember them, that you appreciate them, and that you love them. Or make it fun, send your greetings to your favorite characters, to Dina, or to us. ^_~

How?

Write a greeting or a message for a fellow Panboard member(s) and PM it to maiju in the following format:

Code:
To: [name(s) of recipient(s) here]

MAKE SURE TO TYPE "TPN HOLIDAY MSG" IN THE SUBJECT BOX!!!

RULES :
  • MAXIMUM of 50 words. Name of sender and receiver(s) do not count toward the maximum.
  • ONE person can only send THREE messages max.
  • The message can be directed to more than one person and also to Pandect characters.
  • You can be an anonymous greeter - just type 'anonymous' into the sender area or make up a secretive alias.
  • Emoticons will be disabled, make note of that.
  • Disrespectful/NSFW messages will not be posted, but censored messages are okay.
  • Only PMs to maiju will be included, so don't send it to anyone else or post them in this thread!

DEADLINE is December 12th, 2013.
We won’t be accepting any messages after that. =)
So, be sure to pm your message as soon as possible. =P

Any questions? Pm us or reply in this thread. Thank you, we are waiting for your messages and <3 SPREAD THE HOLIDAY CHEER <3

FANARTs of the month

[NSFW] Close Library sex by Fluff!
Inspired by Sagie's ToT fic, Fluff has drawn a very smutty picture! This is something all fans of Close must check out!

A different type of Rice for Fluff by volubleviking!
An interesting Rocko x Ice fanart drawn by the kindhearted VV for Fluff who didn't get her ToT present on time.

Don't forget to check for our new Arrivals and welcome them to the forum! We all remember what it's like being a Cherokee or a returning member, right?

And in other news... J went to Milwaukee, Ibe saw Thor 2 and Sagie has sold some puppies to new homes (and seen some strippers).

Welcome to The Characters Reply! This month, master baker Rose has just the recipe for you if you're looking to unwind after having to stress about work or school. Try out her delicious cookie recipe and in no time, you'll feel your worries melting away (while the amazing cookies melt in your mouth). ^^

If you have questions or comments for our lovely Charepliers, please post them in the
Chareply thread.

And why of course, here is Rose!

Dear Panboarders,

While the end of the year is no doubt the cosiest, it’s also a bit stressy. Family obligations, shopping, busy periods at work or in school… In between all that there’s the candles and the warmth and the lights and cheesy music being played way too soon.

It calls for a bit of a breather every so often. It calls for…

Emergency cookies
I call these emergency cookies because you can make a bunch of the dough and freeze the rest for when you next need it. After that it’s simply a matter of cutting the cookies and baking them for 15 minutes. Easy as pie.

What you need
  • 300 g of self-rising flour
  • 150 g of soft butter (room temp is best)
  • 100 g of light brown sugar
  • 50 g of vanilla sugar
  • 1 egg
  • zest of two limes (or the juice of half or one lime, to taste)
  • a pinch of salt

What to do
Beat the butter until it is an almost white, creamy substance.
Add the sugars and the salt and whisk until they’ve dissolved.
Add the egg and mix it in carefully.
Sift in the flour – be careful not to leave lumps when you mix it in.
Add the lime zest or juice.

That’s it for the dough! Now to turn that into cookies…

Put a double sheet of cling film on your counter. Put the dough on there, pack it in and roll it into a sausage about 5 cm in diameter. Make sure the ends are tight so that the dough roll is the same size all over. Put the dough roll in the fridge for an hour or two, until it hardens.

Next, prepare a cookie sheet or put some parchment paper on a baking tray. Cut (part of) the dough roll into slices, about half a cm thick. Put these on the tray, make sure they don’t touch. The rest of the dough can go into the freezer for when you need it next.

Bake the cookies at 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven. They should come out nice and golden brown. Let them cool off a bit, and serve with milk(shake) or tea, of course.

Bon appétit!
Rose

<3 Many many thanks to our Chareply writers Sihaya and Metanaito! <3

Ten years, people. Ten years!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Panfact #32: Rose is fully American.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Re: The Pan Note: #109 (The PANDECT IS TEN YEARS OLD NOW issue)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:19 am 
Narrator
Narrator

Has it really been ten years? >_> Somehow it seems longer, and shorter at the same time. I'm getting so old, too QQ I was a wee thing of only 16 back then!

Great job on the Note again, guys <3 I'd send you some of these cookies but I'm sure they'd spoil by the time they made it *munch munch*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:19 am 
Narrator
Narrator

Well, ten years since Dina first drew the comic. The webcomic started in July 2004 and the first Panboard came around in April 2005, if I recall correct. So there's still some time before we can throw a big one-oh party here in the forum. ^^

Thanks so much! :)

EDIT: And the actual reason I came to this thread for in the first place... Thanks for posting, Virgie! <3 <3

Find me and Miko in the The Kpop Thread.
Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

AMAs 2011 and 2012 - People Pleaser. Thanks so much for this honor! <3

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:18 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Great Note and thanks for posting! We're all old now. It is official. 10 years... I think I've been here for around 8 or 9 of them. But if the 1.0 started in 2005 I would have just caught it in July/September/August of that year since I was a senior in high school when I started lurking perusing the forums and I've been out of school now for... oh goodness. Old! Then again I'm about as good at math as Ice so I could still be a spry youngster. :wag:
Rose is American. That info makes me super happy to read. She must have gone to a French baking school since everything is in the European style of measurement when she posts here. <3 (I'm just teasing)

I plan on voting for AMA's before next week. Join SS this year people! It's going to be a blast! Sign up for HCE too... I want to send cards to everyone!!!

Fantastic job you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:36 pm 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

Cleatus bday page? where!? x3 <3

Happy birthday pandect!

Guise, guess what!? Cleatus' bday is the day after my graduation! And Olgalily's is mine! x3 <3

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]