It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:15 pm
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Pan Note: #110 (The Holiday Issue of 2013)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:04 am 
Narrator
Narrator

THE PAN NOTE EDITORS proudly present:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Happy holidays!

Welcome to issue #110 of The Pan Note! In case you somehow missed it, this is our annual Holiday Issue where we host our traditional Holiday Message Board. We would like to thank everyone who sent in messages this year. It means a lot to us that you want to be involved. Everyone, please check out the HMB special at the end of the issue to see if anyone sent messages your way!

This issue has our second to last Panfact (so far), kindly given to us to share by Dina herself. Please let us know in the comments if you've enjoyed the return of Panfacts so both us and Dina can see if there's a demand for more! Also in this issue, we've got a super tasty edition of Chareply, Reminders on the on-going board events, a couple of Fresh Links, some Noted things and of course the newest page.

Thank you to all our readers for another wonderful year. We hope you'll enjoy the holidays and have the best of time in the new year. As always, we'll be back next year, in January, with our Anniversary Issue. 'Til then, we hope you'll enjoy this issue! ^^

Click on an image to contact one of the Eds:

Virgie...............Maiju

Image Image

Or send a pm to The Editors usergroup to reach us all!

The next issue will come out January 16th, 2014.

NEW PAGE UP!!

Ceasar x Timmy, Cleatus x Ice, Edgar x Valerie, did the new pages inspire you to ship some new pairings? What is Timmy's purpose? What is Valerie's purpose? What happened between Cleatus and Rocko in the past? Share your thoughts on the Recent Pages board!

Chapter 18 Page 08: Oh you are so dead egg

Our reaction!
"Even when driving around in a convertible, Edgar's and Valerie's hair is flawless."
"LOL, Timmy only using Ceasar so that he could messed up with Cleatus."

Secret Santa '13 hosted by Maiju

Everyone must have received their recipient's name, it's time to work on your present. If you have any trouble or questions, for example, you haven't got your recipient's name or you couldn't finished your present or you've finished your present but would not be able to post it, just PM Maiju - just don't forget to re-read the rules and guidelines first! Don't forget to visit the Secret Santa '13 thread to share about your progress. The Presents Thread will be up on December 23rd, 2013, so please be sure to finish your present before then!

Holiday Card Exchange 2013 hosted by Sagechan

A reminder to all Holiday Card Exchange 2013 participants! If you have sent or received cards, please notify other participants by posting in the HCE 2013 thread. For those who has not sent their card, you have to send it as soon as possible.

FANARTs of the month

Hunters, for Si by J!
A beautiful fanart inspired by a ToT present, this time drawn by J who you may know as Korlaena, a must see for Noah x Edgar fans.

GENERAL CREATIVE of the month

Ice Claus by Maiju!
A nice Adventure Time handmade card created by Maiju for Miko.

The Where are you from? thread has some new posts in it! Find out where your fellow Pangoers are from or make a post of your own!

And in other news... Sagie will be re-united with her man in February, Cyangoose finished NaNoWriMo with over 50,000 written words, Akari will be a published author soon since her book is off to the printers', VV is traveling again and Fluff graduated! Congrats!

Welcome to The Characters Reply! For the holiday season, Rose has prepared a tasty comfort food dish to make you and your stomach feel happy during the upcoming weeks. This recipe is 100% vegan friendly, so all Pangoers should be able to try it out! (Thanks so much Rose, may your holidays be filled with lots of cheer.)

If you have questions or comments for our Charepliers, please post them in the
Chareply thread.

And here is the lovely Rose!

Dear Panboarders,

The winter months, and especially the holidays surrounding the end of one year and the start of the next, call for lots of comfort food. And the ultimate, in that regard, is a ‘pot au feu’, or ‘pot on the fire’. It’s something between a soup and a stew, left to simmer for a long time to enhance the flavours. There are many ways to make it, using many different vegetables (usually what’s in season but thanks to the global economy that doesn’t have to be a concern). Traditionally it’s made with a few different cuts of meat in it, but I’ll be making a vegan version.

Pot au Feu

What you need
  • 4 big carrots
  • 1 red, yellow and orange bell pepper
  • 2 courgettes
  • 400 grams of pumpkin meat (sugar baby, butternut or your preferred local kind)
  • 400 grams of green beans
  • 400 grams of chick peas
  • 250 grams of quinoa
  • 3 large onions
  • 2 -4 large cloves of garlic (to taste)
  • 2 litres of vegetable stock
  • salt and pepper
  • parsley, coriander
  • chili paste or harisa

What to do

Chop up all the vegetables in bite sized pieces, equally large for all the veggies. The onions as well, the garlic you should mash up or chop up nice and fine.

Soften the onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil. Add the harder vegetables: carrots, bell peppers and chick peas. Let them stew for a few minutes.

Add the rest of the vegetables. Stew for a few minutes and then add the stock.

Rinse the quinoa well and add that, too. Let the whole thing simmer until the quinoa is cooked – 45 minutes to an hour. About half an hour in, flavour with salt, pepper, coriander, parsley and chili paste to taste so that the flavours can fuse well.

Serve with a few extra twigs of parsley as decoration, and toasted bread. Enjoy!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday period and that 2014 will bring you everything you could wish for! Keep reading the Pan Note, too, the Eds will appreciate it (as will I, haha)!

Bon appétit!
Love,
Rose

<3 Many many thanks to our Chareply writers Sihaya and Metanaito! <3

Good luck for the year 2014, everyone!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Panfact #33 : Poseidon is the first and only school Ice has been to.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Re: The Pan Note: #110 (The Holiday Issue of 2013)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:05 am 
Narrator
Narrator

To: The Whole Panfamily
Message: I wanted to thank everyone for making this community what it is. This community is such a warm, supportive and accepting place. I love being a small part of it and being able to contribute to it. Many thanks to everyone who makes the Pancommunity a Panfamily. Happy Holidays! <3

To: The PNTM team (Sihaya, Sage, Vv, Miko, Mume, the judges) and those who supported / voted for me, esp Fluff <3
Message: Thank you for PNTM!! It was fun and... what an experience! Thank you for your support and thank you for making it one of the best moment in 2013 for me! ^_^ Happy Holiday and Happy New Year!

To: Miko (and everyone else who's posted in the Kpop thread, too)
Message: It's been a blast! <3 Let's fangirl more in 2014, okay? ^^ (OMG another B.A.P comeback soon!!!!)

To: Everybody
Message: I hope you all are having a great holiday season. Thank you for being a wonderful bunch of people. Let's all have a fantastic 2014!

To: The students
Message: Please behave during the Christmas Party. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

To: My Dearest Pan Family
Message: Thank you for all the well wishes, memories and kindness shown to me over the past year. I don't feel deserving of it but never the less, thank you all.

To: Virgie
Message: Thank you for everything this year: your hard work on the Note, your great ideas, your friendship. <3 Happy holidays, I hope 2014 will be the best year in your life so far. <3

To: Mommy-D
Message: Thank you for the Pandect. Glad to have you back, thank you for helping The Pan Note. Happy Holiday and Happy New Year!

To: Spaaaaam Thread
Message: Only you can hold my spamolicious secrets, rambles and ridiculousness. Until next year Spam Thread. Until next year.

To: All the staff and teachers
Message: Thank you for all your hard work this year and please keep up your good work next year. Happy Holiday and Happy New Year.

To: Santa
Message: I have been extra good this year. Could you bring me Teddy all wrapped up for Christmas?

To: Everybody who helps us with the Note
Message: Short and simple - we couldn't do this without you guys. Have the best of holidays! <3

To: Maiju <3
Message: Thank you for everything you’ve done all this time. This year has been great and I’m glad that we are still be able to do this. Thank you for being an awesome partner. Happy Holiday, Happy New Year 2014 and much love for you <3 <3

To: Mods & Our Pan Note Writers/Editors
Message: I wish each and every one of you the best in the New Year and a wonderful holiday season. Can't wait to see what happens next!

To: Everyone
Message: Only on Christmas Day, buy two cups of coffee get one free cup of coffee, that means you will get four three cups of coffee!! So Lucky! Come to Hoppin’ Prairie Cafe!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:33 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Great Note, guys! The message board made me smile :) Thanks for doing this <3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:44 am 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Thank you for your hard work, esp for the HMB and thank you for posting, Maiju <3

Thank you for everyone who help us by sending some messages via HMB.

Kor : Thank you, you're so sweet, I feel warm when I read your messages =)
Cyangoose : Thank you <3
I hope Santa read the messages =p
Sage : Thank you *hugs*
You're the only one who really sent a message to us (the Pan Note editors) *touched* T_T
And your message to the spam thread made my day =D brilliant indeed.
Maiju : Thank you again, and I hope so too ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:33 am 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Happy holidays, guys! Great note!

I love the panfacts. (^-^) By all means, keep them coming if you can get them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:33 am 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Happy Holidays everyone!
I'm glad you enjoyed the messages Virgie. <3
I think the only traditional soup I've ate that's pure vegetables is Ratatouille. The Pot au Feu sounds like it would be good too.

Great job you guys! See you next month! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:51 pm 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

*huggles virgie* <3 ilu too

not much in the note but still and always a good one!
Good panfact! that will help me on my next project! x3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:58 pm 
Pandevoted

Great note you guys! The message board was wonderful this year. The Pot au Feu sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try making it. The Panfacts are awesome, I would definitely be happy if they continued. A very fun read as always, keep up the great work! :D

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]