It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:12 pm
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Pan Note: #111 (The 7th Anniversary Special)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

THE PAN NOTE EDITORS proudly present:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Happy anniversary to us!

Welcome to issue #111 of The Pan Note! It's been seven years since The Pan Note was officially launched - can you believe it? We would like to express our gratitude to all our readers and collaborators for the past year, it's been a blast. Please read the Another Year of The Pan Note special after issue for more of our comments on the past year!

In this issue, we're not only celebrating our anniversary but also preparing for next month, when we'll be posting our annual Valentine's Issue. In Headlines you can find all the information on our events for the issue, as well as some forum related news. We hope you'll at least take the time to send in some of your Valentine's messages.

Also in this issue, we've got news on the current board events, links to some very cool creative things, a new Panfact (of a character we all know and love) and more! Last but not least, we would like to send our belated congratulations to the January-born Nelson (the 13th) and Venus (the 15th), whose birthdays didn't get a mention in our Holiday Issue. Happy belated birthday, you two!

As always, we hope you'll enjoy this issue. We'll be back next month with our Valentine's Issue!

Click on an image to contact one of the Eds:

Virgie...............Maiju

Image Image

Or send a pm to The Editors usergroup to reach us all!

The next issue will come out February 20th, 2014.

NEW PAGE UP!!

Do you agree with everyone who ship Edgar and Valerie? What kind of animal is Titus' previous servant? What is written in Xiao Yu's journal? And do you think Cleatus' back is hot? The Recent Pages board needs more love, share your opinion, speculation, and what you want to see, there!

Chapter 18 Page 12: You came to pick me up!

Our reaction!
"Does it mean that Cleatus is on human side?"
"Soviet Cleatus is mad hot, jus' sayin'."

Active Member Awards cancelled!

The moderators have posted up an announcement about the 2013 AMAs being cancelled due to a lack of interest. You can read the announcement here and post your opinions and suggestions if you can think of a way to avoid this from happening again next year.

The Pan Note Cover Contest

Valentine is one of the famous event of the year in most country. It is one of the special moment to share our love. We are celebrating it by hosting another cover contest. Draw or photograph us a cover image and pm it to us! The theme of the cover is Valentine's Day of course.

The winning drawing or photo will make the cover of our next issue and the winner will receive a small prize from the Editors.

All entries need to be sent to The Pan Note Editors via pm.
The deadline for submissions is on February 10th, 2014.

Contest Rules:

DRAWINGS
  • The image must be of a Pandect character or characters. Single, couple and group art are all allowed.
  • The image must be colored or full grayscale.
  • If you want to draw a background, it must be a full, yet simple background. If you would like for us to add a bg to the image, the background of your art must be full white and there needs to be clear lines around the image itself to separate it from the bg.

PHOTOGRAPHS

• The photo must be of you. You can ask your friend(s) to assist you but you must be the center character of the photo. (Don't forget to mention the names of your helpers so that we can give them credit too! ^^)
  • You don't need to cosplay but cosplay is allowed and encouraged. If you choose to cosplay a certain character (as opposite to, say, just dressing up in lolita or steampunk style clothing), it must be Pandect related - either one of Dina's characters from the comic or your own Ace. (If you've got awesome con photos of yourself in a costume, feel free to use them!)
  • The background of your picture can be whatever you want it to be, as long as it's a natural bg. Don't add a background or clean an existing one by photomanipulation.
  • Photomanipulation is, however, allowed for minor details like cleaning red eyes, covering blemishes and such. Just don't go overboard with it by adding extra stuff, chopping off portions of your body, editing two or more photos into one and the like.

FOR BOTH DRAWINGS AND PHOTOS
  • The theme is "Valentine's Day"
  • The image cannot have been previously posted or otherwise showcased on Panboards.
  • You can submit up to two entries. You can either submit one drawing and one photo or two photos/drawings.
  • The image must be safe for work (not mature), mildly suggestive is allowed. The pin-up style is encouraged for both drawings and photos.
  • The minimum size for both the drawings and photos is 650 x 900 pixels. We reserve all rights to crop and/or resize the image as well as make minor edits as it is necessary for editing purposes

You can contact the Editors about these rules if there's something that's unclear or if you have a photo/drawing idea and you're not sure if it fits the rules or not.

Please give us your love by joining the Pan Note cover contest. Thank you! =)

The Pan Note's Valentine's Message Board

Not only cover contest, but we will be including our traditional ‘Valentine's Message Board’ to make our Valentine's Issue full of love. Care to help us?

The rules and everything is the same as last year Valentine's Message Board and similar with last year's Holiday Message Board, but with a Valentine's theme. In short, write a Valentine's Day message for your Panboard friend, your favorite characters, Dina, or may be to us <3 and PM it to maiju in the following format:

Code:
To: [name(s) of recipient(s) here]

MAKE SURE TO TYPE "TPN VALENTINE'S MSG" IN THE SUBJECT BOX!!!

RULES :
  • MAXIMUM of 50 words. Name of sender and receiver(s) do not count toward the maximum.
  • ONE person can only send THREE messages.
  • The messages can be directed to more than one person and also to Pandect characters.
  • You can be an anonymous greeter - just type 'anonymous' into the sender area or make up a secretive alias.
  • Emoticons will be disabled, please make note of that.
  • Disrespectful/NSFW messages will not be posted, but censored messages are okay.
  • Only PMs to maiju will count, so don't send it to anyone else or post them in this thread!

DEADLINE for sending in the messages is on February 13th, 2014.
We won’t be accepting any messages after that =)
So, be sure to pm your message as soon as possible =P

Any questions? Pm us or reply in this thread. Thank you and <3 SPREAD THE LOVE <3

Secret Santa 2013 hosted by Maiju

Christmas is over and so is Secret Santa 2013. Thank you everyone who participated in Secret Santa 2013!! Too bad Sihaya and VolubleViking were thrown into The Hall of Shame for not being able to post their presents. But that doesn't mean we don't have wonderful presents posted in the Secret Santa '13 Presents thread, so check it if you haven't done so and leave your comments here. Don't you think they are awesome? Interested on receiving sweet presents like that? Keep on reading for info about a similar activity, Secret Admirer 2014.

Secret Admirer 2014 hosted by Maiju

Do you want to get something for Valentine's Day? Give and you will receive. Join Secret Admirer 2014, you can get Pandect related presents if you are willing to give something. It can be anything, you may give and receive fanfic, fanart, may be both, or even cosplay pictures!! For more information, check out the Secret Admirer '14 thread! Don't forget to read the rules, even though you are a veteran. Sign-ups close on January 24th, 2014, what are you waiting for? Let's join the fun!!

FANARTs of the month

Winter doodles! by Fluff!
Cute doodles drawn by Fluff while she was brainstorming for her SS present!

GENERAL CREATIVE of the month

Ibe tried something by Ibelen!
Ibe is making very cute Pandect character gifs, the first one is Sobre, maybe you could suggest the next one?

All gif makers and gif enthusiasts should check out A gif by any other name would be as amusing! The thread is dedicated to different kinds of gifs, which means it's most definitely image heavy, so approach with caution if your connection is slow!

And in other news... VV and Fluff were in Europe, Cyangoose had her furniture rearranged, Pangoers who saw Frozen loved it and Mume got a court date for her baby.

Welcome to The Characters Reply! To provide you some comfort in the cold, cold winter weather, the wonderful Rose is bringing you a recipe for a delicious soup you can warm up both your body and mind with! Us Eds can't wait to try this one out!

If you have questions or comments for our Charepliers, please post them in the
Chareply thread.

And here's the lovely Rose!

Dear Panboarders,

In the cold winter months a hot drink can be heaven. But you can’t drink coffee, tea or hot chocolate all the time. A cup of soup can be a wonderful alternative. This vegetable soup is done in half an hour and provides many of those cups.

What you need
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 leeks (or one big one)
  • 2 onions
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tomatoes
  • some olive oil, peper
  • 2 litres of water
  • 3 bouillon cubes, beef or vegetable

What to do
Chop up the onions, carrots and leeks (you can use them completely, the green as well). Size is what you prefer! Mash up the garlic.

Glaze the onions and the garlic in a bit of olive oil. Add the carrots and leeks and let them soften for a few minutes.

Add the water and the bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil.

Chop up the tomatoes. Add them to the soup when the carrots are cooked.

Season with pepper to taste and let simmer for five more minutes. Enjoy!

With this I hope you’ll make it through the cold nights still to come.

Bon appétit!
Rose

<3 Many many thanks to our Chareply writers Sihaya and Metanaito! <3

Thank you all for the past seven years!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Panfact #34 : Cleatus does not like the way he look as an Animal or an Ace.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Re: The Pan Note: #111 (The 7th Anniversary Special)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Virgie

Time sure flies. We made The Pan Note for 7 years!! We couldn’t do that without you, our readers, who keep on supporting us even when Dina didn’t update the comic and when the board was not so active. Thank you very much, you know who you are although we may not know that you read the Pan Note. Special thank you goes to those who leave some comments, it means a lot to us, and to those who support the Pan Note by joining our contest or events, and by posting some fanarts, fanfics or creative things that made the Pan Note more fat, esp Sage-chan. Sorry that I couldn’t mention you one by one, although some names popped up in my head. Please keep on supporting The Pan Note from now on.

Thank you so much to our beloved charepliers, esp Si-chan. Another thank you so much to Mommy-D who created the Pandect, and who helped the Pan Note by giving us some panfacts. Honorary thanks goes to Kero who created the Pan Note with us although you may not read this, you are important. And very very special thanks with love to Maiju, without you, I can’t do this. Also, sorry that I have to leave the Pan Note alone to you... Thank you so much, Maiju, you knew that you are special <3

As you may have already known, I am getting married and that means I have more responsible in real life, so I may not visit the Panboard as often as I used to. Whether I leave the Panboard or not, next issue of The Pan Note, the Valentine issue, will be my last Pan Note, I hope you support our contest and event and make it a very special issue. Once again, thank you so much, everyone.

maiju

Seven years... Wow. Honestly, I feel like everytime I sit down to write something regarding our anniversary I'm so shocked over how long it's been. But seriously, seven years... wow! ^^

I'm trying to keep this short this year, so first and foremost thank you to our readers. Your support and comments are what makes this worth out while. Thank you so much. <3 Also, super special thanks to our wonderful Charepliers, who contribute to the Note and continue to be awesome. ^^ Thank you to Dina for her support and for providing us with more amazing Panfacts. And last but most definitely not least, thank you to Virgie, who always works hard on the Note. Having you as a friend and a Note-making partner is the best, Virgie. Thanks so much for everything. <3

To be completely honest, I've had rather conflicting feelings in the past year. The comic re-started, which was (and still is) super awesome but at the same time the Note's future became a bit uncertain with news of Virgie stepping down as an Editor soon. While it makes me sad to know she won't be around the Office for very much longer, I hope all the best for Virgie as she starts the next chapter in her life. <3

Sihaya

We made it through another one! Seven years, that's just incredible. We even have New Page sections again - I certainly didn't see that one coming. Maiju and Virgie have once again devoted many an hour to bringing you the hottest Panboard news around and I can only stand by in awe. Virgie has been talking about leaving the board once she gets married and while I sincerely hope that won't happen, it might mean the end of the Note as we all know it regardless of whether she can still find the time to be around our little community or not. It'll be a Panboard Institution changed forever - proof that not even the things we're most fond of can stay the same. Even if things do change in the coming year - or the years after that, we never know after all - I do hope that the Panboarders for whom the Note gets written will still come by to read and applaude the hard work and devotion that goes into making a new issue month after month. I know I will! All my love, and thanks, to Maiju and Virgie <3

*Unfortunately Metanaito couldn't be reached to have her take part in making this issue.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:02 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Thanks for posting, Virgie! <3 <3 <3 (I'm kinda tearing up over the fact that this may be the last time ever I post those words... ;o; ;o; ;o; ;o; )

Find me and Miko in the The Kpop Thread.
Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

AMAs 2011 and 2012 - People Pleaser. Thanks so much for this honor! <3

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:13 am 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

We'll all be sorry that you won't be around as much, Virgie! :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:29 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

You've done made me tear up at the end you guys.
I'll miss seeing you so much Virgie! I want to congratulate you on getting married and wish you the most happiness in the world! <3 and thank you for the shout out but i dont deserve any credit lol
I sincerely hope that the Note does continue and keep up it's amazing quality, even though I know that will most likely be a hard reality to take.

I will participate in the cover contest and send you guys Valentines messages. I've already got a couple ideas for the CC. :D

The soup sounds delicious and a very interesting Pan Fact. Hmmm....

Thank you for posting Virgie and an awesome job as usual everyone! <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:27 am 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

*gross sobbing*
I don't want you to leave Virgie ;o;

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]