It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:44 pm
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Pan Note: #114
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:27 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

THE PAN NOTE EDITORS proudly present:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Happy Easter!

Welcome to issue #114 of The Pan Note! And a pleasant Easter to all who celebrate it. This issue of TPN is quite slim, but it has some very interesting news in it regarding the comic itself as well as one of its fan creations. For the first time in perhaps forever, the first piece of news in Headlines isn't the new page and that is because of some rather big news, so go check that out once you're done reading the Editorial. Also, in Noted we have some rather great news about a piece of fanwork mentioned also in Fresh Links! And look, that's how you cover almost all the contents of an issue in one paragraph. :D

The following month only has one Panbirthday but it's one of the more important ones as it is also Dina's birthday. Don't forget to post up congratulatory threads on the 25th when she and Kouros both become a year older! Congrats to both! In addition, The Pan Note would also like to congratulate the forum, which turned SIX YEARS OLD on April Fool's Day. Congrats to all the forum members!

If anyone has missed a certain mischievous and eucalyptus-loving Poseidon student, you're in luck as he agreed to write for Chareply this month. You better not miss out on what he wrote for us - he's quite an expensive guest star. ...Not at a Titus or Rocko level, of course, but for some reason some of the Editors' personal property always goes missing when this particular student stops by... And hey, don't forget to read the newest Official Panfact once you're done reading Chareply!

As always, we hope you'll enjoy this issue. The Pan Note will return next month with issue #115!

Send a pm to The Editors usergroup if you wish to send any reader mail!

The next issue will come out May 15th, 2014.

Printed Pandect will be here soon + news on ComicGen updates

If you have been following the main comic page, you should already know that Dina is planning on releasing the first volume of Pandect this summer. She has offered her fans the first look into the real deal by showing us the proof copy to give us some idea on what the printed version will look like. If you haven't seen the unboxing video yet, you can view it in this thread.

In addition, we would like to notify all of those who haven't seen the announcement on the comic page that the Comicgenesis version (aka the "Rough Draft Pandect") will continue to update until the end of Chapter 20. If you want to follow the progress of the print version, you can do so at pandectcomic.com.

The first printed volume of Pandect should be sold at the conventions Dina is attending this summer. For more ways to purchase the book, stay tuned to Dina's social media accounts or simply catch up on the newest information with The Pan Note.

NEW PAGES UP!

With the end of the "rough draft" already in sight and the printed version on its way, the color version of Pandect will now be included in the New Page Update here in The Pan Note. As you may know, Dina herself has announced on her official site that the forum is for discussing both versions, so from now on TPN will promote both versions of the comic equally.

ComicGen - Chapter 19 Page 4: No I Want to Eat Them

PandectComic.com - Chapter 2 Page 20: Human Activities

The gorgeous Mr C is hungry and he ain't afraid to show it! Think he'll ever get to the point of munching on Rufus or Fleance? And talk about Fleance, he has walked in on Caesar and Rose playing chess! He's being huggled while he's about as cuddly as a freshly cut two-by-four! Discuss the newest happenings in the world of Pandect on the Recent Pages board!

FANFICs of the month

The Juliette Killer [Part Eleven] by Sagechan!
The forum-favorite fic series continues with its newest installment! JK fans, don't forget to check out Noted, where we have some exciting news regarding Sagie and her addicting story!

GENERAL CREATIVE of the month

Looking for Trouble by J!
How long has it been since we last saw original Aces? Feels like forever! Which is why it is so refreshing to see art (and also read some back story, if you scroll down the thread!) of J's original character Ahote, the Ace of Spotted Towhee. You should check him out, too!

No new noted threads, but in other news... VV is becoming an ubuntu wizard and Sage may be well on her way to becoming a published author (and yes, the story is JK)!

Welcome to The Characters Reply! This month, The Pan Note finally managed to score material from the fan favorite, Sobre Sober! A while back, we had a discussion with him where his side of things seemed... well, less than plausible, so he has now agreed to share some of his research notes to prove that he is, indeed, correct. And who are we to argue with his well researched work?

If you have any questions or comments for our wonderful Charepliers, please post them in the
Chareply thread.

Without further ado, here's Sober!

Once, the Editors asked me what I learned at school. What a stupid question, of course I learned about humans. I did a lot of research, I worked really hard every day but they didn't seem to believe me. How insulting! To prove it, I gave them some of my precious notes with their lunch tickets as the price.

The first note, of course... we will start with "what are humans like?" Five simple words to describe humans:

1. Humans are stupid

They are easy to fool. I have proven it everyday. For some tips on how to fool humans, give me a call in private.

2. Humans are strange

I think I don't need to explain this, every Ace would agree with me. It is common sense. Even humans themselves agree with me, sometimes I hear them say "Women are strange, I can't understand women."

3. Humans are sick

They like to lock everything up in a prison! Yes, I said everything - sometimes it is stupid! For example, the prison for animals, they call it the zoo, a whole lot of animals are put in there! Take note of this, be careful when you are in your Ace form! They also make prisons for plants, this is an example of how stupid humans are. Plants can't run, but they still put them in a prison, which is called a greenhouse. Moreover, they made a prison for students. It is not like we committed a crime, they just like to look at us from the outside and laugh because they can run around freely while we can't! Students, be careful of the prison for students, it is called the Hall of Shame!!

4. Humans are stingy

They don't share. You see, you won't find any eucalyptus leaves in any cafe or restaurant. WHY? Because they just want to keep them for themselves!! They don't want to share it with us, they hide it deep inside their closets, they pretend that they don't have it, that's how stingy they are. And you have to pay for your food! Mother has never asked us to pay for anything.

5. Humans are stinky (and dirty)

They have to take a bath everyday. We just need to lick ourselves. Anyway, I tried to take a bath once, it feels nice soaking your body in cold water when the sun is hot. My advice is, do it only in the summer!

That's it, five simple words to describe humans. What? Why does every word start with an S? To make it easier to remember? No, no, no, because S stands for Super, Smart, Sobre. Bwahahaha.

<3 Many many thanks to our Chareply writers Sihaya, Virgie and Metanaito! <3

Now go enjoy some Peeps, all you lovely peeps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Panfact #37: Geneva likes to collect dolls.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find me and Miko in the The Kpop Thread.
Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

AMAs 2011 and 2012 - People Pleaser. Thanks so much for this honor! <3

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

Post subject: Re: The Pan Note: #114
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:13 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

This months issue is fuller than you think. Thank you for posting Maiju and thanks to the Char writers!

Im very excited about Printed Pandect and even more to have JK back and rolling. Thanks for the shout outs!

Sorry humans seem so whacked out to uou Sobre Sober. Some of us just like to cuddle, honest.

Perfect job on #114 everyone and see you all next note! ♥

-Sent From My Galaxy Far Far Away

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:43 am 
Prince Ace
Prince Ace

Awesome, very nice note! So crazy that it has been 6 years, wow! I'm so excited for the color books, if only I could go to Otakon, sigh....maybe.

Hehe I feel like an ubuntu wizard. It just started working just like magic! Now I need to figure out how to install ubuntu on my fixed new computer, because windows 8 kinda sucks balls.

What Sobre says is very true. I feel very ashamed of humans sometimes.

User icon by Terra!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:05 am 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

great note Maiju!

And very interesting reading material from my favourite boy, humans sure are strange but don't give up on us yet Sobre ;P

I'm so excited for printed Pandect *^o^*

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]