It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:59 pm
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Pan Note: #115
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:49 am 
Narrator
Narrator

THE PAN NOTE EDITORS proudly present:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Dobar dan!

Welcome to issue #115 of The Pan Note! We're just a day away from the publishing date of Pandect volume 1 and the mood here in the Editors' Office couldn't be more excited! Check out Headlines for more information on tomorrow's release and follow the links provided to buy your own copy (old school, e-book or both). We've also got the new pages from both sites in that section, just in case you haven't checked them out yet.

So many Panbirthdays in the upcoming weeks! Early congratulations from the The Pan Note go to Mr. Elude (May 24th), Vanessa (May 29th), Ayubu (June 7th) and Teddy (June 17th)! Big birthday hugs to all! Dear readers, don't forget to post fan creations to celebrate the big day of your favorite character(s)! And on the topic of fan creations, we've got a link to a great original piece this month in Fresh Links. We highly recommend you check it out!

Near the end of the Note, we've got the newest Official Panfact, which kind of continues from last month. We've also got TWO replies for you in Chareply this month, one of them the second part in an upcoming series of helpful articles! There's also some Noted facts about the Pangoers' lives and Dina's con attendace schedule for the summer season.

As always, we hope you'll enjoy this issue. The Pan Note will return next month with issue #116!

Send a pm to The Editors usergroup if you wish to send any reader mail!

The next issue will come out June 19th, 2014.

NEW PAGES UP!

ComicGen - Chapter 19 Page 8: Are You Going to Expose Me?

PandectComic.com - Chapter 2 Page 24: Rediculous Snore

Edgar appears to be in a no-negotiation position right now! Will he find out who took the journals? Fleance fell asleep before the game even started! What do you think Caesar will think of his purring? Discuss the newest happenings in the world of Pandect on the Recent Pages board!

Printed Pandect out TOMORROW!

Pandect volume 1 will be out tomorrow, May 16th! You're all excited for this, right? You can find information on how to purchase the book at pandectcomic.com. The post about the book will be updated with links soon, most likely tomorrow or later this week. You can also head straight to Amazon to get the book version or the Kindle version and order from there! You can also view preview pages of the comic and some of the bonus character images!

The first printed volume of Pandect will also be sold at the conventions Dina is attending this summer - if you're attending one or more of the cons she's going to, you can buy the book straight from her and maybe even get it signed while you're at it!

GENERAL CREATIVE of the month

Angel of God (slight NSFW) by sagechan!
Check out Sagie's new side project! There's a promise of more smuttiness to come in the future!

Dina will be attending Otakuthon 2014 in Montreal, Quebec, August 22 to 24! If you're going, don't forget to say hello to her!

In other news... Sagie is thinking about moving from Michigan, Mume got a new phone so she can browse the forum on it now and being over-qualified really sucks.

Welcome to The Characters Reply! By popular request, apparently, our friend Sobre decided turn his chareply from last month into a series! This month, he's tackling the exam season and showing your the ropes of academic success. We've also got a new recipe for you from the lovely Rose, who shares an oldie but goodie recipe that's perfect for the upcoming summer season or perhaps for your graduation party as the non-alcohol drink choice!

If you have any questions or comments for our wonderful Charepliers, please post them in the
Chareply thread.

Without further ado, here's Sober and Rose!

Hello everyone,

I see that a lot of people were enlightened by my previous notes and feel the need to read more of them. No wonder, it's just natural to seek for more wisdom from the Great Sobre. Bwahahaha.

We will be facing exams soon and I heard a lot of people have difficulty with those. They begged me to share my wisdom. Okay, I will tell you my secret methods for master ing exams!! If you pass because of my tips, you don't have to thank me, just send me some offerings, snacks, booze your lunch tickets, you know, anything tasty. Anyway, here are my 5 secret methods for mastering exams!

1. Seduce the teacher

Sleep with them and threaten them to give you a good score or you will spread their naked picture. Bwahahaha. I mean, be friendly with your teacher. It's always good to have a lot of friends, who knows they will remember you and be kind with the scoring you can ask them if you don't understand something.

2. Steal your friend's answer sheet

And put your name on it, but don't forget, put their name on your answer sheet, to be fair. Remember, pick the most brilliant person on your class. I mean, study together with the most brilliant person in your class.

3. Sneak into the teachers' room

No, you don't need to know the questions beforehand. What for? You don't know the answer anyway. What you need to do is change your score! Bwahahaha. I mean, if you preferto study quietly, you can shut yourself in YOUR room and study hard.

4. Smuggle your phone into the classroom

Since ancient times, students have brought secret notes to the classroom during every exam. We only keep the tradition alive and do it in a modern way. It's so convenient, you can search the internet for the answer, text your friend, use the mirror function to see your friend's answer, anything. Be creative, this method is not easy. If you want some tips on how to do it, call me. I mean, make some notes on your phone, you always bring it with you, so you can study anytime and anywhere, for example while waiting for the bus.

5. Switch your class's question paper

Self-explanatory, I guess. But this method requires hard work, because you must burn the original question paper and prepare a new one. The new question paper could be a one line question like "draw a sleeping koala", but you still have to do some work. And there's a chance that the teacher tells the whole class to retake the exam. But we can ask for our classmates' support and boycott the supplementary exam. Probably, this is the most challenging and the most interesting method. I still prefer the first method, though. Bwahahaha. I mean, try to do some mock tests by answering questions from previous exams, or last year's exam probably? They have some question books for mock exams in the library.

After finding out my secret methods, there's no way you don't pass the exams. Super Smart Sobre's method never fails. Bwahahaha. Prepare your offerings from now, because you will be haunted by me guilty feelings if you don't send me some tasty food.

Dear Panboarders,

This one is an oldie but a goodie – I’ve been making this since I was a kid! This recipe is easy and cheap and keeps for a few days in the fridge. Serve it to your friends on the patio or as an alternative for alcoholic drinks at a party; it’ll be a big success every time.

Raspberry Lemonade

What you need
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • ¾ cup raspberries (fresh or defrosted, both work)
  • 1 cup lemon juice (takes about 8 lemons)
  • 4-6 cups water, according to taste (personally I add 2 cups sparkling and 4 cups still water)

What to do

Make a syrup with the 1 cup water and sugar. Put the water on a low heat and stir in the sugar. Let it simmer and stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved completely.

Puree and sieve the raspberries.

Pour the cooled syrup and the lemon juice over the raspberries and stir gently. Add the rest of the water and stir. Set in the fridge to cool or add some ice cubes. Done!

If you want to get really fancy, you can infuse the syrup with mint, or make ice cubes with mint leaves or raspberries in them. A slice of lime for decoration or frosted rims on your glasses also never goes awry! Be creative and let me know what you’ve tried.

Bon appétit!
Rose

<3 Many many thanks to our Chareply writers Sihaya and Metanaito! <3

Vidimo se!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Panfact #38: Timmy is afraid of dolls.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find me and Miko in the The Kpop Thread.
Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

AMAs 2011 and 2012 - People Pleaser. Thanks so much for this honor! <3

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

Post subject: Re: The Pan Note: #115
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:09 am 
Narrator
Narrator

Great work, Maiju <3 I don't know how you manage to find the time for all of the stuff you juggle!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:31 am 
Narrator
Narrator

The Pan Note is often made in the wee hours of the day. ...As is most of the things I do, tbh. XDDD

Thanks so much, Si! <3

Find me and Miko in the The Kpop Thread.
Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

AMAs 2011 and 2012 - People Pleaser. Thanks so much for this honor! <3

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:33 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Great job on the note and thank you for all the hard work Maiju!
Thanks for the shout out about AoG and about moving.
The Lemon-aid sounds delicious. Mmmmm.... Raspberries.

See everyone next month! <3

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:19 pm 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

Lovely note Maiju<3

I don't have any exams to use your advice for Sobre, but I do have a coupon for McDonalds I'm not using that you can have anyways if you're interested :P

I wonder if Rose would be interested in a recipe for dandelion sirup I tested recently, it tastes just like honey made from heather flowers :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:05 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

That sounds so cool, Ibe :o If Rose isn't interested, I sure am ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:59 am 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Dandelion Sirup? I've had dandelion wine and fried dandelion heads before but never syrup made from it. It seems like it would be a little bit bitter. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:47 pm 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

Si: I'll pop by the food court and post the recipe for you there ;3

Sage: I thought it would be bitter too (if the taste of the lemonade we made was anything to go by), but it's actually surprisingly sweet. Not toothachingly so though XD

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]