It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:55 pm
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Pan Note: #116
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:20 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

THE PAN NOTE EDITORS proudly present:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Merry midsummer (or midwinter if you're chilling in the Southern Hemisphere), everyone!

Welcome to issue #116 of The Pan Note! Summer vacations are here and this issue definitely reflects that fact! In Headlines you can find this year's summer event, Panboard Summertime, and information on how to join the contest. In Chareply we also have some tips on how to spend your vacation without having to spend too much.

What would the summer be without some fun and celebrations? There's a call for convention-goers in Noted, so if you're planning on attending a con this summer, post in the existing threads or make a new one if your preferred con isn't already represented. In addition, we've got some upcoming Panbirthdays: Caesar's on the 20th, Ice and Rocko's on the 26th and Edgar's on July 4th. Early congratulations to all four gentlemen!

Sadly, this issue marks the last Official Panfact in a while. Hopefully there will be more soon. Please post and let both us and Dina know if you've enjoyed them! As always, we hope you'll enjoy this issue. The Pan Note will return next month with issue #117!

Send a pm to The Editors usergroup if you wish to send any reader mail!

The next issue will come out July 17th, 2014.

NEW PAGES UP!

ComicGen - Chapter 19 Page 13: She Just Soiled Herself

PandectComic.com - Chapter 3 Page 1: Feline From Canada

Noah and Titus are on a baby sitting adventure together! Just how cute are Titus's adopted children? When will we get to see pink dolphins in their animal form? Will Fleance talking to Egdar ever be accepted as normal by his classmates? How will Cherokee's introduction to the print version take place? Discuss all this and more on the Recent Pages board!

Also, don't forget that Pandect volume 1 is now on sale!

Panboard Summertime!

This year's summer event is here! Become inspired by the song 'Summertime' and create your submission based on one of the versions recorded of the song. More information on the contest can be found in this thread, where you can also sign up as a participant. Good luck to all participants!

FANFICs of the month

The Juliette Killer [Part Twelve] by Sagechan!
The multi-chaptered fan favorite returns with another exciting installment!

GENERAL CREATIVE of the month

Posted 2006 by Ilex!
Check out this wonderful blast from the past! How great that we have another older piece saved in the new forum!

If you are going (or planning to go) to Anime Expo and/or Yaoi-con this year, give a shout to your fellow con-goers in the Conventions and Cosplays board! Fluff will host a booth of her own at AX, you don't want to miss that if you're in the area!

And in other news... VV will be having an apprenticeship with a ceramicist this summer, Mume rescued a cat and Sagie became a god parent.

Welcome to The Characters Reply! Sober is back! Again! ...Which makes everyone in the Office wonder if he suddenly and surprisingly became kind enough to be a regular contributor or if he's secretly using us to promote his most recent prank. Either way, this month he tackles the upcoming holiday season. Regardless of whether your summer vacation is just starting or still a long way into the future, Sober offers you some useful tips on how to get a cheap vacation.

If you have any questions or comments for our wonderful Charepliers, please post them in the
Chareply thread.

Without further ado, here's Sober!

Yahoo, holidays are coming.

After facing the murderous exams, it's time for holidays! I see that a lot of people passed the exams thanks to my wise methods. I'm waiting for the offerings, free plane tickets are accepted too, and you know where to find me. Bwahahaha.

Speaking of holidays, I always get a free holiday while some people are not able to go anywhere. I pity them. The generous Sobre is willing to share some tips on how to get free holiday, although actually, this is basic knowledge.

1. Search for free rides

Steal a car, sneak into someone else's bag in your animal form and flee in your human form You know, hitchhike or just jump to an open pickup and enjoy the breeze. This is a common sense.

2. Search for free lodging

This is one of the most important things because we need at least 15 hours of sleep. But it's not difficult to search for free lodging, trees are everywhere. Although, I admit, not every tree is as comfortable as a eucalyptus. If you want to rest your Ace form, go to the park, benches are everywhere. Don't forget to bring your important comfortable pillow.

3. Search for free food

The second important thing. Sadly, not all leaves are tasty and sometimes human food is bleh. This one is a bet if anything, but go to the supermarket and steal, sometimes there are people offering food samples. Another way to survive is by drinking water, some parks offer free water. Some cats or dogs like to search for food in garbage cans, but that's not my way to get food. If you're lucky, you could find a good tree to sleep in and to provide fruit for food as well. Bird Aces survive that way.

4. Search for free entertainment

Rides, Lodging, Food, check. Next on the list is entertainment. What are you going to do? Go to the beach? It's free, most of it. But if you want to go to some place where you need to pay an entry fee, just sneak in. Search for a large group of people and just blend in. Depending on your animal form, sometimes it's easier to sneak in your animal form.

5. Search for free souvenirs

The last thing on the holiday list is of course souvenirs. As always, steal The most simple souvenir is a picture, just take some pictures with your cellphone. You can also make your own souvenirs, for example, if you go to the beach, you may find some interesting things which you can bring home as souvenirs. At an amusement park, winning some games may get you free souvenirs, but if you fail, just break the machine or go to the lost and found and pretend to be the owner. Simple, right?

That's it. I'm sure you knew everything about it, I just reminded you. Where am I going to go on this holiday? It's a secret, but it will be fun, bwahahahaha.

<3 Many many thanks to our Chareply writers Sihaya and Metanaito! <3

Happy summer vacation, everyone!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Panfact #39: Theo hates being a Gladiator.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find me and Miko in the The Kpop Thread.
Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

AMAs 2011 and 2012 - People Pleaser. Thanks so much for this honor! <3

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

Post subject: Re: The Pan Note: #116
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:19 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Thanks for posting Maiju! <3
Good job and thanks for the shout outs!

I don think I'm going to be hitch hiking across the country Sober... you know since it's illegal in this country... well most all of what you suggested was illegal. But I guess it's okay for you since, you know, your an Ace and all. lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:22 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Not only are most things Sober suggests illegal, so are most things he actually does. XD

Very belated (I hate work life for making me be MIA most of the time), but thanks for the comment! <3

Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:41 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

LOLOLOL, this is why we keep hard copies of the issues in the Office... XD I was supposed to make edits to our template, but somehow I ended up pasting the template on top of this issue. XDDD So if the Note looked strange for a moment, that was why.

And I suppose, this accidentally marks our first edited TPN since I had to change it back. XDDD

This is why having Virgie around was so important. I just mess everything up. XD

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]