It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 pm
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Pan Note: #127
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:37 am 
Narrator
Narrator

THE PAN NOTE EDITORS proudly present:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

It's a bit of a sad day, dear readers.

Welcome to issue #127 of The Pan Note! We're sad to announce that after this issue, The Pan Note is going on an indefinite hiatus. This may be a surprise for some but this hiatus has actually been a long, long time coming. It was first suggested roughly three or four years ago but has been pushed back after every discussion on the topic until now. The reason for the hiatus finally taking place is quite simple: It's been a long time since the Note was actually useful. There hasn't really been stuff to report, let alone semi-active members who want quick recaps of what has been happening recently.

The Editors have attempted to boost board activity by continuing to host our TPN contests and events but the level of interest towards those has sadly been diminishing every year. It's come to the point where we have had to come to terms with the fact that TPN has stopped serving its purpose and is in itself unable to boost board activity, the thing that is necessary for TPN to properly function. The team involved with the Note has also shrunk a lot during the last few years with veterans leaving (or going MIA) and no new people joining, and at this point we don't even have any official Charepliers left*, so providing other content than forum news has become difficult, as well. Chareply has always been the fandom's writers' domain, after all.

We want to thank, from the bottom of our hearts, all the people who have read the Note and posted comments throughout the years, all the readers who have taken part in our events and contests, all those who have cooperated with us for different sections of the Note such as Headlines, Member's Profile or Graphics Spotlight, all the wonderful artists who have provided covers for our issues, all the people who have written things for the Note including all our Charepliers, and of course all the active members who have posted things for us to report. Last but not least, the biggest thank you to Virgie, for never abandoning the Note even after stepping down as an Editor and always providing love and support. You have always been the heart of this newsletter.

This isn't necessarily a farewell forever. Since this a hiatus, not an end, the future of TPN will now go under evaluation and consideration. If you find yourself missing TPN, a steady stream of board activity is the best way to bring the newsletter back. This is something every one of our readers can influence should you wish to.

For now, we say bye bye. And as always, we hope you'll enjoy this issue.

*This explains why Sober has been the only character for so long - our "special chareplier" has been helping out by writing for Sober but we haven't had writers for the other characters.

Send a pm to The Editors usergroup if you wish to send any reader mail!

The next issue will come out ???

NEW PAGE UP!

ComicGen - ON HIATUS

PandectComic.com - Chapter 4, Page 17: Blue Balls

How sexy was that info moment on prostate congestion? What do you think of Fleance in a tank? Will 'it' really go away eventually? Share your thoughts on all the newest happenings on the Recent Pages board!

A new contest, Wardrobe Revamp, is here for the summer!

We've got a whole new summer event that's being hosted by Ibelen! It's fun, it's stylish, it's easy to take part in and most importantly, it is very much Pandect related! If you've wanted to play dress-up with Noah or see Vanessa strut down a runway, here's your chance to imagine all of that and more coming true!

We got special word about the contest from the host herself, Ibelen, so we'll let her tell you more:

Pandect has been around for a long time now, and in all those years we've had to get to know and love our favourite character we've rarely seen them change their attire. Do Rose have five dresses that all look the same? Does Delia's armour magically repair itself whenever she change back to animal form? It would seem like the students and faculty of Poseidon Academy are all committing fashion faux pas by only having one or two outfits in their wardrobe to wear to any and all occasions. And this is where you come in dear panmembers!

Have you ever thought Noah would look good in some fitted jeans and a nice shirt? Or that Rose would be absolutely fetching in a tasseled number from the 20's? We want to see your ideas for what you think the cast of Pandect would look good in so bring out your inner designer's eye and come join us in the Wardrobe Revamp summer contest thread to find out more!

Thank you for the wonderful introdution, Ibelen! Now, we're sure our readers are already itching to join, so simply click here to go to the contest thread! Don't forget, you have until June 5th to join!

FANFICs of the month

The Juliette Killer [Part Thirteen] by sagechan!
Sagie returns with a new chapter of the on-going fan favorite!

No Noted threads this month but in other news... VV graduated (congrats!), some of our pangoers are job hunting (good luck, everyone!), Sagie has been watching DBZ and Mume likes to play Magic the Gathering.

Welcome to The Characters Reply! This month we unfortunately ran into some trouble regarding Sober. The Hall Monitors weren't exactly happy with the "interviews" and "experiments" he was conducting "on behalf of the Editors of TPN" and in the end we had to cover all the property damage and psychiatric fees, leaving us with no more money in our Chareply budget to pay the writers. So, as sad as we are to announce this, this will be the last Chareply in a while. We'll let Sobre share his feelings on this... event with you next.

If you have any questions or comments for our wonderful Charepliers, please post them in the
Chareply thread.

And here is the latest from Sober!

Dear (Super Smart) Sobre, I always see you in the Hall of Shame, why are you such a troublemaker?

Who asked that stupid question? Do I really need to explain? I AM NOT a troublemaker. I love peace, I like to make people smile. They smile and laugh at me when they see me, so the purpose of my life, which is to make everyone happy, is fulfilled. Besides, you know that I am so famous, so they have to keep me in a safe place at all times to make sure everything is in order. Some fans are going crazy everytime they see me, that's the price I have to pay for being famous.

Anyway, it seems that this column of mine is so popular, everyone is rushing to check The Pan Note every month just to read my column. But there was a bit of an incident involving the Editors and the Hall Monitors, or so I heard, that has made them unable to pay me... During our most recent conversation, I understood that they will need some time before they could hire me again. It's too bad, but no one writes for free, we all need food to stay alive.

It is hard on me, having to stop writing your favorite articles, but I have no choice. Sorry, everyone, I have to say goodbye for now. Thank you for being my fans all these years, you can keep on supporting me by sending me food, gifts, etc. Don't cry because this may not be my last article, but who knows when the Editors are able to pay me again (at least, not until they get out of the Hall of Shame).

Last but not least, those who still seek for my advice on anything can come ask me privately... in exchange for some compensation of course. You know where to find me. Bwahahaha.

<3 Many many thanks to our Chareply writers! <3

Thank you for reading!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psst: Did you already know that this issue marks the start of TPN's hiatus?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find me and Miko in the The Kpop Thread.
Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

AMAs 2011 and 2012 - People Pleaser. Thanks so much for this honor! <3

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

Post subject: Re: The Pan Note: #127
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:27 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Thanks for the note! Im sad to see that the note is going on hiatus I would have figured it would go to quartarly issues instead but the traffic is rather slow on the forum now so I understand.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:45 am 
Narrator
Narrator

Quarterly issues have been one of the ideas thrown around but looking at the quarter year's worth of issues before this one, for example, the only things that needed any reporting were a couple of mentions of SA. If we did quarterly issues, reminders about events that are happening at the present or recently wrapped up would become mostly a moot issue since a whole event like that could come and go between issues... so that example above would've been one mention ("SA happened!") in a quarterly issue. And when there's just one thing to mention in all of three months, it doesn't make doing quarterly issues any more appealing than making monthly ones, sadly.

Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:59 am 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

I'm sad to see the note going on hiatus, and I don't think I ever gave you guys enough credit for all the hard work you and Virgie put into the note. But the both of you are incredible for doing all the things you do and did for the note through both comic hiatuses and the dryspell the forum's under.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:51 am 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

I agree with Ibe. You guys have always done a lot for this forum with the Note. I'm going to miss the note seriously. It's sad that things have slowed down so much, even when the comic came back and Dina was updating the useage didn't up that much. People have moved on and are starting to do other things, we're all adults now. How depressing.

Hopefully Ibe's contest will bring in some traffic. :)

Forgot to thank you guys for the shout out about JK.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:07 am 
Narrator
Narrator

A Panboard Institution comes to a temporary end... I'm sad to see it go but I think you've made a good decision - the amount of work probably doesn not weigh up at all anymore :( Who knows, one day this place will be alive again and the Note will make its triumphant return!

Thank you for the many years of dedication, Maiju <3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:40 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Thank you for the comments, everyone! ^^ (And yes, adulthood sure is depressing... -____-)

Sihaya wrote:
A Panboard Institution comes to a temporary end... I'm sad to see it go but I think you've made a good decision - the amount of work probably doesn not weigh up at all anymore :( Who knows, one day this place will be alive again and the Note will make its triumphant return!

Thank you for the many years of dedication, Maiju <3
I should be thanking you - your contribution over the years was a huge one. You were there from the beginning of Chareply and wrote for the Note for so many years. Pretty sure you were our most featured Chareplier, even. ^^ So, thank you so much. <3 You were a stellar member of the team. :)

It's very difficult to switch off that Editor state of mind... when the whole "rough draft forum" thing popped up a week and a half ago, I got this sudden need to plan a Speak Your Mind special, all classic TPN style... and then remembered the Note was on hiatus, so that would be pretty impossible. XD

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:55 pm 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

We could still do a speak your mind thread, I for one am not particularly pleased by being reduced to a 'rough draft fan in the rough draft forum'.

Last edited by Ibelen on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:54 am 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

Yea I have to admit that left me a bit miffed to read. As if we simply ignore or never read the color comic version and stick with the rough draft way of thinking. Its rather insulting to me. Id be right in line with you guys for a Speak Your Mind open quarum.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:35 am 
Narrator
Narrator

Really? Well, in that case I'll try to remember how exactly SYM threads are done (it's been so long... XDDD) and post something up asap. ^^

It can be a hiatus spin-off or something. :lol:

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]