It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 8:41 am
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: May Challenge 1st - 25th
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:38 pm 
Prince Ace
Prince Ace

This is the May challenge, hosted by Merrybeary, the winner of the April Monthly Ace Challenge.

Merrybeary will post the animal for the challenge below:

Please do not post anything on this thread before the animal has been posted by the winner of the April challenge.

*Please read the Monthly Challenge Rules before you enter the contest (rules have been updated January 31/09)
    *Remember to use the templates provided, which can be located via the link posted above.
    **Keep in mind that your picture size limit is 600px wide. There is no limit on length but do not get carried away.
    **Newly added in the Monthly Challenge Rules is a template for the challenge winner to use when posting up their animal
    *Have fun!

Post subject: Re: May Challenge 1st - 25th
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:17 pm 
Pandevoted

May Challenge Animal is:
!!Canis rufus!! or better know as: !!The Red Wolf!!

The Red Wolf is a North American canid which once roamed throughout the Southeastern United States and is a glacial period survivor of the Late Pleistocene epoch. Based on fossil and archaeological evidence, the original red wolf range extended throughout the Southeast, from the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts, north to the Ohio River Valley and central Pennsylvania, and west to central Texas and southeastern Missouri. Historical habitats included forests, swamps, and coastal prairies, where it was an apex predator. The red wolf became extinct in the wild by 1980, however, since 1987 have been reintroduced into northeastern North Carolina through a captive breeding program and are successfully breeding in the wild.

The red wolf pup begins life with a black pelt, later changing color to a mixture of buff, cinnamon and brown along the body with some black and a black tipped tail; the pelt moults once annually in the winter. Its muzzle is white furred around the lips. The red wolf is generally intermediate in size between the coyote and the gray wolf. However, the disproportionately long legs and large ears are two obvious features that separate red wolves from coyotes and gray wolves.

The red wolf lives in an extended family unit which includes a dominant breeding pair and young from prior seasons. The red wolf will scent mark territorial boundaries to deter intrusion from other wolf packs. As an apex predator, red wolves have no natural predators, although they may compete for prey with bobcats and coyotes and kills may be stolen by American black bears.

For more pictures check here:
http://www.animalpicturegallery.net/ani ... cumari.jpg
http://animal.discovery.com/guides/enda ... d_wolf.jpg
http://www.tenan.vuurwerk.nl/reports/marionv/rwolf.jpg
http://www.canids.org/redwolf2.jpg

And for more information check here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Wolf
http://www.fws.gov/redwolf/

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:08 am 
Regular Ace
Regular Ace

<3 Awwh! Horray! We haven't seen a doggy Ace in ages on the MAC, Great choice! Beautiful animal~!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:06 am 
Pandevoted

I know right? I went through the animals for this set of boards and realized there wasn't a single dog in the whole bunch! So I had to fix that XD Hopefully people will come up with something for it. ^^

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:16 am 
Prince Ace
Prince Ace

Soooooo pretty! *_* <3

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:33 am 
Pandevoted

Thanks ^^ I hope we get some pretty entries ^_____^

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:56 am 
Regular Ace
Regular Ace

WM's entry:

Name: Shad
Description: A trouble maker to say the least; Shad is a rambunctious, snarky, hardheaded little pup. Shortest in his family, and a late bloomer, he would often be made the subject of ridicule. Instead of running tail between his legs, Shad grew a thick skin and a bad attitude, barking out insults became a fun pass time. Although usually in a foul mood, Shad enjoys spending time with a pack of friends and does not mind following others if they have a right to be respected. In class he loves to be the center of attention thou, he is the king of outbursts.

Design concept: I gave Shad a black ‘overcoat’ because he is still growing out of his puppy fur. He has tan/brown shorts because I wanted a dog like style- thicker thigh, thin shin, kind of feel. His hair is a chestnut color with red layers to match a maturing Red Wolf’s colors and his eyes are amber because that is a common color for the animal’s eyes. Like the animal he enjoys running in a pack, making lots of noise, and developed bad habits based on a poor social life in his early age.

Extra!:
Color got slaughtered but I’m just glad to have an entry up! Fun animal~ I can’t wait to see more.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 pm 
Pandevoted

Oh I totally love him! I was probably start laughing if one of my students randomly started howling in the calss room while I was subbing Xd Really love him and his glasses and his hair <3

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:26 pm 
Regular Ace
Regular Ace

Thanks merry!! I hope we get more entries soon! :wag:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:21 pm 
Prince Ace
Prince Ace

That is just too cute! <3

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next