It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 6:46 am
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: **IMPORTANT! READ!** PWTW Rules and Regulations
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:40 am 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

The Picture's Worth a Thousand Words contest is intended for both writers and artists to participate in. Writers are not obligated to get into the artist part of the contest and artists don't have to write for the writer contest. Those who feel multitalented and wish to participate in both are more than welcome to.

ATTN 2.0 members!: YOU MUST RESIGN UP TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE NEXT CONTEST. February's contest will end in 1.0 but March's will begin here.

ATTN artists!: If you win for the art contest in January, please PM me with the challenge you want, and I will put it in the next entry thread.

Here's how the contest works:
  • I will begin the contest by giving a theme for the writers participating in the contest. It will be found in the entry thread when I post it.
  • Writers will post entries in the entry thread. Their limit is 1000 words. I will overlook length overs and unders of less than 100 because it can be tough to trim sentences to hit exactly 1000. So anywhere between 900 and 1100 are acceptable. Writers will have three weeks to post entries. On the last week of the month, I will open a poll for voting.
  • We *all* will vote on the writer entries in another thread, a poll thread similar to the Monthly Ace Challenge's thread.
  • Unfortunately, by the nature of this contest, we will not be able to operate in 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. The story that wins 1st place wins all. Their story will be used for the art portion of this contest.
  • A new thread will be made for artist entries. They will be given the task of drawing a scene of their choice from the winning story. Artists will have three weeks to post entries. On the last week of the month, I will open another poll for voting.
  • Another vote is held, and the winning artist gets to be the one to select the next theme for the writers to write.

And so the circle goes on and on until the end of time. If you need any more explanation than this, PLEASE PM me, I will do everything in my power to make this contest clearer to you.

POLICIES:

• Entries will be held to the word count, but not slavishly. 100 words over and under are acceptable. You are also allowed an author's note that does not count towards your word count and can be used to explain how the story came to you, or even give a few hints as to what happens as a sort of epilogue.
  • When choosing a theme, artists, please hold to this template: Pairing, Story Type, Theme. An example would be Ceasar/Ice, Humor, Getting Drunk together. The theme can be just about anything, ranging from "Use this word and this word and this other word" to conditions, such as "And one of them has to get so drunk he passes out during the story." Use your own judgment in selecting a theme.
  • Mature material is allowed in this contest. If an entire contest has a story type of smut, or something equivalent, then I will post "Mature" as a warning in the thread title for the entries. If it is not a story type, and you still wish to include it in your entry, please put it behind a spoiler tag with appropriate warnings.
  • In continuation, if a type of a contest is smut and you, for whatever reason, cannot or refuse to write out and out smut between the characters in question, you can take the rating down a peg or two as long as the actual sex is implicit. This is so that smut contests do not exclude those who do not wish to or are unable to write smut.
  • There will be three threads. There will be an entry thread, a discussion thread, and a poll thread. Please limit discussion to the discussion thread, so that it makes my life easier when gathering up all the entries. You may also discuss the progress of the polls in the poll thread. But please do not spam the entry thread with stuff that isn't your entry.

RULES:

These are important! If you don't obey them, it'll get you disqualified!

• This contest is for Pandect only. This means canon characters must be in your story. Crossovers with other animes are not allowed. Original Aces are not allowed. Original Aces already get a huge contest of their very own. Original characters in general are disallowed, unless the original character is extremely minor, has no name, and fills a role that is otherwise unoccupied in canon. (An example of an acceptable original character would be a barkeeper in the background of Ceasar and Ice getting drunk together in the pub, as long as the focus remains firmly on Ceasar and Ice.)
  • Your work must be your own, whether you are writing or drawing. If we catch you plagiarizing or tracing, (and believe me, we will. Between the mods we have keeping an eye out for tracing, and me knowing the entire fanfiction board better than anyone on this forum? Your chances of not getting caught are slim to nil), you will be disqualified from this contest and barred from participating in all contests for three months, and that's IF you own up to it and apologize. Do your own work, guys.
  • Entries cannot be linked to, in either writing or art. This means you deviant-art folks. Entries must be hosted and hotlinked on the entry thread itself. If you wish to hide mature content, please do so by putting your entry behind a spoiler tag with appropriate warnings instead of linking it to another site. Please PM me if finding a host like http://www.photobucket.com is a big problem for you.
  • Art-wise, the contest is reasonably flexible. All traditional and digital media is open to artists except this: your art entries cannot be photographs or manipulated photographs. Nor can they be animations.
  • Art entries must be inked at the very least, if not given hints of color. Written entries must be spellchecked and edited for quality. Do not enter something that you would not consider finished.
  • The poll will be an open poll, which means everyone will be able to vote. Participants may not vote for themselves, nor can they bribe others to vote for them. Anyone caught trying to rig the voting process will be disqualified.
  • Before you may participate in the contest, you must post in this rules thread with /signed or *signed* or whatever you prefer. If you haven't made a post in this thread acknowledging that you have read the rules, you will not be allowed to enter the contest, and any entries you post will be deleted until you acknowledge that you have read the rules sticky.

ENTRY TEMPLATE:

Please use this template to make your entries! It'll make everybody's life easier.

Written Work:

Code:
[size=200][b]NAME's Entry: TITLE[/b][/size]

[b]Wordcount (Don't include your author's notes):[/b] YOUR STORY'S WORDCOUNT HERE.

STORY GOES HERE.

Artwork:

Code:
[size=200][b]NAME's Entry: YOUR OWN TITLE[/b][/size]

[b]From:[/b] TITLE OF WINNING STORY

[img]YOUR IMAGE LINK GOES HERE.[/img]

All the letters in caps may be changed to fit your entries, but please leave the rest of it in place for the template.

Need to catch up? All Frog Knight chapters here!

Post subject: Re: **IMPORTANT! READ!** PWTW Rules and Regulations
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:33 am 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

/signed x3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:36 am 
Narrator
Narrator

/signed once more =)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:05 pm 
Legendary Ace
Legendary Ace

Signs again!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:15 am 
Narrator
Narrator

*Signs~*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:50 am 
Servant Ace
Servant Ace

*scritchyscritchyscritch--...! ink flourish*

Hm... that was messy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:39 pm 
Legendary Ace
Legendary Ace

*signs*

In case I feel like doing the next one xD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:04 pm 
Regular Ace
Regular Ace

*slaps a pawprint down*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:49 pm 
Prince Ace
Prince Ace

:SIGNS:

Yay! I felt very uninspired with Noah/Edgarness, but I hope there will be different topics to spark my interest. >.<

User icon by Terra!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:26 am 
Prince Ace
Prince Ace

I sign, eager for the next writing contest. :3

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next