Did you know that some of the Pandect characters have been wearing the same old threads for over ten years now? Fashion has changed a lot over the years, yet none of the looks we see on our streets or in the days of old seem to have affected the students and faculty of Poseidon Academy much. Now's your chance to remedy that and add a little flare and custom cuts to the closets of your panfan favourites!
Do you have an eye for the best sweater to wear for a date? Can you instantly know which colour and cut will bring out the best features of a gladiator heartthrob or cutie? Then we want to see your ideas! For this contest all you have to do is design an outfit for a character of your choice and write a short blurb of how this outfit would be used by the character.
Present the outfit and your character as a mood board, with each piece of clothing and accessory pasted in separately. You can draw and design your own clothing, take pictures of the favourite pieces in your own wardrobe or even use images and clipart you find on Google, in online shops or Instagram. How you put the outfit together is entirely up to you!
Tell us in the written part how, when and where your character would use this outfit and for what purpose.
Not sure what the mood board should look like? Here are some examples to inspire you.
The winner will receive glory and fame for having the most refined taste in fashion, but also a prize for putting together such an eye catching look. An illustration of the winning entry, placed in the setting described in the written part, will be sent in the mail to the contestant taking first place in the polls along with a bookmark for their reading pleasures. (if the winner has more than one entry, they can choose which entry to have the bookmark based on.)
A surprise, which will be revealed after the voting is done, has been added to the winner's prize. Please look forward to it!
- Sign-ups starts now and last until the
- A submissions thread will be posted on the 6th of June.
- You have until the 10th of July to finish and submit your entry/entries, after this a poll will be set up on the 11th and run until the 20th of July.
- Each participant can make up to three entries. It is entirely up to you if you want to make three different outfits for one character, or one outfit each for three characters.
- Each entry must consist of two parts, one mood board of the outfit you've put together and one written section. Entries missing or having an incomplete section will not be added to the poll after the submission deadline.
- Any time period and style is allowed.
- Costumes and elements from established Tv-series, films, animes, games etc. are not allowed.
- Avoid using images of custom made items and clothing made privately on other people's request if you can if your entry is a clipart mood board.
- There is a minimum number of sign-ups needed in order for this contest to be up and running, if this number is not met the contest will sadly be cancelled. However, if the contest is cancelled, everyone who joined during the sign-up period will receive a handmade gift as a thank you for participating instead of the intended 1st prize.
- Drawing art and writing fanfiction is not a requirement for participating in this contest, but you're more than welcome to add this to the art/fanfiction forums if you feel inspired by what you design and make/write some.
- Members currently in The Hall of Shame are more than welcome to sign up for the contest!
maiju wrote:Posting this in case someone didn't know/remember this...
The forum has a maximum width for images, it is 620px. However, there is no maximum height. Please take that into consideration when preparing your entries. The forum won't allow you to include images wider than 620px in your posts, so if you need more space than that, I suggest you expand your entry vertically. Or, alternatively, if you'd rather make your entry wider than 620px, you need to link to the url of your image.
Don't hesitate to post in this thread if you have any questions, or later if you want to share how your entry's coming along!
Best of luck and do enjoy yourselves!