It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:12 am
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Secret Admirer '16 [CANCELLED]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:09 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Finally, it's time for an exchange event! ^^

Welcome to Secret Admirer!

Everyone who's up for making a present to someone in the forum should SIGN UP NOW!

CANCELLED DUE TO A LACK OF PARTICIPANTS

Please read the rules and introduction, even if you are a veteran in these activities.

Secret Admirer 101:

When you sign up, your name and sign-up info will be added to the list of participants. After the sign-ups close, you will receive the name and info of another participant via private message. Then you draw/write/make something for the person to give them on Valentine's Day.

A new thread will be made on February 13th titled "Secret Admirer '16 Presents" where the presents will be posted. Only participants are allowed to post in that thread. Presents should be posted no later than February 21st, although a later date can be scheduled as long as all participants agree to it. Those who do not make this deadline will be thrown into the Hall of Shame!

Another thread will be made (titled "Secret Admirer '16 Present Discussion") where everyone can comment on the presents.

BANNED: Those in the Hall of Shame for not posting their presents for the past activities. Click [here] to visit the HoS thread.

Important Dates:

The last day to sign up is January 16th.
Names will be sent out after the sign-ups close.

The Presents Thread will be up on February 13th.
The absolute deadline for posting the presents is February 21st for now (see above).

SIGNING UP:

In order to sign up, please post in this thread specifically stating that you want to join, using the format provided below. Within the format, you can list several of your preferences, but do note that your secret admirer doesn't have to include everything or anything of the preferences in their present - it is NOT a list of requests/demands. The preferences exist first and foremost to serve as inspiration in case your secret admirer doesn't know what exactly they would make for you.

Also note that you cannot prefer fanart over fanfic or vice versa, and your preferences should thus be applicable to all creative forms: art, fic, cosplay, scrubbed panels, AMVs, icons, dolls... etc. If your preferences are deemed to be directed towards a certain creative form or not applicable to all, you will be not be able to sign up until you edit your preferences.

The single characters and pairings you mention in your sign-up info must be Pandect only. However, you can throw in cross fandom elements into your extras, if you so wish, but you cannot expect your admirer to be familiar with the other fandom let alone use it in the present. But if you're the admirer and your person lists both 'Fleance' and 'sexy times with Deadpool' in their sign-up info and you're all game, it's now allowed. Because why the hell not, we've got like three or four people signing up for these things anyways, so might as well give you more creative freedom.

Now that changing one's screen name has been enabled, I can't stress enough how important it is for everyone to know what their actual username is. If you have changed your screen name from your UCP, don't forget to include your actual username (the one you originally registered with)! Type your SN into the first field, then your username to the last field. Please do not change your SN after signing up to avoid confusion. If you haven't changed your SN, you don't have to worry about the "actual username" part, you can just take it off of your sign-up post and only write down the name you always use on the forum to the "Insert Screen Name Here" part). ^^

When signing up, make a post following this format (just copy&paste the code and fill in your info):
Code:
I want to join!!!

[b]Insert Screen name Here[/b]
[b]Single:[/b] state your favourite character/s
[b]Pairings:[/b] state your favourite pairing/s
[b]Extra:[/b] state a few items of your interest
[b]Actual Username:[/b](Only if you have changed your SN from your UCP)
a sign-up example:
maiju
Single: Waka
Pairings: No specific preferences, M/M preferred.
Extra: chocolates, fluffy fluffy fluff fluff
[and there's nothing here 'cause I haven't changed my name ^^]

JOENOTE: In 1.0, the presents with Joe in them were posted on the JIPPA board. Because the JIPPA members in charge of porting the organization to 2.3 never got anything done, JIPPA will not be active on this board. The mods have, however, decided to continue respecting the tradition and hope that everyone else will, too: Please do not include Joe in the presents.

IMPORTANT, READ BEFORE YOU SIGN UP:

FAQ and other tips
  • Before signing up, check your schedule - are you sure there's room for SA?
  • If you have already signed up but you feel that you won't have the time for SA after all, notify me via pm that you're dropping out, as soon as possible. I might be able to get someone to cover for you so your person won't be left without a present. You wouldn't want anyone to be left without a present, right?
  • If you've already signed up but you feel the need to change your preferences, post in this thread stating so. You can't change your preferences after the sign-ups close.
  • If you won't be able to finish your present before the deadline, give me advance notice via pm as soon as you can. Also make a post in this thread to explain why you're late with your present and to apologize to your person. Not the spam thread, not the presents discussion thread. This thread. In addition, if it isn't clear to everyone at that point who your person is, do not mention their name in your apology post.
  • If you're done making your present but won't be able to log in around Valentine's Day to post it, you can send it to me via pm and I'll post it in your behalf.
  • You have about four weeks to work on the present. Use that time wisely.
  • It is expected that you follow all the rules and guidelines - not just the ones in this thread, but the ones in the presents and discussion threads, as well. The rules and guidelines exist to make these events fair for everyone. Disregarding the presents thread rules will get you a mention in this thread.
  • All presents that are posted late (after the SA Presents Thread has been locked) should be posted in the best suited creative board (Fanart/Fanfic/Other). Please follow the rules of the creative boards when posting.

Check-ups
Check-up messages will not be sent out this time around, since it's unlikely we'll get more than three participants, all of whom are very much aware of how these events work. ^^ If you feel like you need a notification, however, just let me know.

If you've got anything to ask, feel free to post here or contact me via pm. ^^

Post subject: Re: Secret Admirer '16
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:09 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

Ibelen
Single: Sobre, Ameer, Timmy
Pairings: Sobre/Teddy
Extra: Maybe a fantasy setting in a forrest, with magic and stuff? I'm cool with most things so feel free to do anything and everything ;3

Find me and Miko in the The Kpop Thread.
Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

AMAs 2011 and 2012 - People Pleaser. Thanks so much for this honor! <3

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:17 pm 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

I want to join!!! aka. YES PLEASE!

Ibelen
Single: Sobre, Ameer, Timmy
Pairings: Sobre/Teddy
Extra: Maybe a fantasy setting in a forrest, with magic and stuff? I'm cool with most things so feel free to do anything and everything ;3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:06 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Thank you, Ibe! ^^

Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:58 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Guys, roughly 12 hours left to sign up! Don't forget!

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:40 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Ummm... guys? :?

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:17 am 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

I'm okay with extending the signups if you want :).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:05 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Okay, let's do that. ^^ There's now until the end of the week to sign up.

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:53 am 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

I guess this mean there won't be any Secret Admirer this year. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:23 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Looks like it. :( If we keep on postponing the deadline for sign-ups, it'll be way past Valentine's Day once we actually get to posting. Since it was clear that SA would be hosted (there even were pre-sign-ups of sorts!), it's not a case of people not knowing what's going on so no one can say that the time for sign-ups was too short. So, I guess that's it for this holiday season. I suppose the prompt fest can be kept open until Valentine's Day, in case anyone wants to create something. ^^

Thank you for signing up, Ibe. <3 I'm sorry SA sign-ups didn't amount to much this year. :(

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next