It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:14 pm
Guest Announcements

<^o^> Welcome to Panboard 2.3! <^o^>

You can experience the whole Panboard only by logging in so register, log in, introduce yourself to the rest of us and join the fun!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Members' Choice Award: FIRST ROUND
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:10 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Hello Pangoers!

'Tis the time to lauch our first Active Member Awards or AMAs for short! This means that the first round of selecting the Members' Choice starts now!

If you haven't read the Info Thread to find out how the AMAs work, it's recommended that you do so first. That thread has a lot of information about the event.

On the first round, you can nominate as many members as you want, but keep in mind that you can only vote for one member in the second round. There are no guidelines for the grounds of nominating someone but if you can, you might want to provide some reasons why someone deserves a win so that you can get others behind him/her, too.

Everyone who is a registered member on the forum is able to nominate and vote in the AMAs as well as get nominated and voted for. This includes the moderators and the leaders.

You can nominate until December 10th. After that a poll will be set up for the second round.

Please post your nominations in this thread.

Find me and Miko in the The Kpop Thread.
Enjoy the fruits of my and Virgie's (and our Charepliers') work in the TPN forum.

AMAs 2011 and 2012 - People Pleaser. Thanks so much for this honor! <3

Spam5 4 lyfe, yo.

Post subject: Re: Members' Choice Award: FIRST ROUND
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:02 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Here are my nominations, with lots of love:

Aeglera
I'm nominating her not only for her amazing fanfiction, but because it was her posting her work that got me back into the fanfic board, back into actually writing my ideas down instead of just daydreaming about them. She's given the fanfic board the boost it had been needing for a while and for that she definitely deserves recognition.

Virgie
The Pan Note is a huge effort every month, but the Editors are doing it with such grace and style! To thank her for taking the time to make the Note for us again and again, I want to nominate Virgie. She deserves the recognition!

Sagechan
She's always there to join into discussions and to give advice when you need it. She's reliable and always in for an activity. She is the very definition of an active member, and she's also about the only non-mod Leader who's actually been active and making an effort once the fanclubs started to die. So for all of this (and because she's had a spell of back luck we need to turn around!) she definitely deserves the recognition of this award.

Maiju
If we have one active mod, it's her. She works on the Pan Note with Virgie, she's organising activities and reminding the other mods of stuff that still needs to be done. I'd nominate everyone in the team because we're not eligible in the other categories, but I don't feel like I should, since it'd be too hard to pick in the second round! So I hope they will all agree with me that it should be Maiju who's up here, if any of us. So thank you, Maiju, for being our Mod Mommy of sorts! You deserve to get this award!

That's it for me! Hopefully many more people will nominate!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:25 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

I have to agree with Si,

Aeglera is a sweet young woman who brightens up this place with her cheerful words and lovely attitude. It's so nice to recieve one of her comments on a project :)

Maiju is one of the people I see constantly redirecting us, keeping stuff alive, and being all around helpful.

Sihaya, I feel you deserve a nomination for the help you have given me concerning a few projects even though you were pretty busy with your own and for cheering me up. I know it must be hard to sift through all my spelling errors ect...

Ok mine are in!

All Hail Sigart, Mistress of Zombiedom!
Zombie Clone #3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:03 pm 
Gladiator Ace
Gladiator Ace

Before I start gushing about how Si and Mum just melted my heart, I should get my nominations out of the way:

The reason why it took me a while to post here was because I had to get my thoughts together. There are so many people I wanted to nominate and who I saw unique, special qualities in! The Panboard sadly in general isn't as active as it once was, but I believe that each person who makes an effort to drop by and leave a few words every day deserves to be recognized--every single contribution counts, and I think all of us really keep the forum alive, in spite of how much the consistent membership has been thinning.

Now that I've established that, I hope you'll excuse me for how long my Nomination List will be. (Or will be. I probably will come back and edit this.)

REGULAR MEMBERS

In alphabetical order!

Mumette

In spite of the fact Mum is one of the latecomers for this year, she has put a lot of effort to keep up with the rest of the board. I know the policy in regards to post count is "quality over quantity", but you can't deny that when you see how much she has posted--already 240 in a mere three months and still going strong--it is shocking and impressive. Some people may grumble and accuse this accomplishment of one-liners and spam, but I don't see it that negatively at all! Mum is a wonderful, effervescent, optimistic and enthusiastic individual who just loves adding to conversations and dropping by with her input! She gives attention to the Panboards, look to stop conversations from dying, and continually shows new sides to herself in order to let us Panboarders closer to her heart! She "introduced" us to her adorable daughter and her loving fiance and she recently started a helpful makeup thread. This sort of openness to others is respectable.

Sage

I'm not sure where I can start with Sage! I want to say so many wonderful things, but Sihaya already does a great job of summing up why Sage should be rewarded. Despite how life twisted her in many different directions this year, she still took the time and the care to come by the Forum and give a good few friendly hello-s and how-do-you-do-s. She continually strives to contribute to topics, helps further some innovative ideas, and shares her beautiful artwork with us. Sage thus far has been the only person I've seen who posted in the General Creative--loved her posters and her magazine covers! Not to mention she is willing to take out part of her free time and put it into the Holiday Card Exchange. She lets the Panboarders spread the holiday joy to one another in a creative and fun way! I definitely see her as a contender for Chatter Champion.

Ywi

I will be the first to admit you don't see Ywi stop by a lot, but when she does, there is something purely magical about her visit. Her MAC entry "Tama the Tapir" was unbelievably cute (the art pieces I've seen from her overall are amazing and colorful) and her comments around the General Forum chats are witty and funny! Though what I appreciate most about this young lady is how whimsically insightful she is in her analysis in the works of others. In all of the times I've read her reviews, she just brings this new and well-thought, fresh element--she gets to the deep, deep core of what the artist or author is trying to express. I've been surprised by how much she understands how I personally feel about a piece I've done! Not only is she philosophical and artistic in her perspective of Fan Art and Fanfiction, she also translates that same passion to the Recent Pages discussion. She always has something to bring to the table! If she isn't a good candidate for Creative Commentator, I don't know who is!

MOD MEMBERS

Maiju

As much as I want to go on and on about Maiju, she leaves me speechless with all of her hard work and I think her actions enough are self-explanatory--there is no reason to explain why she isn't a People Pleaser. Not only does she juggle part of the duties of the Pan Note, Maiju also picked up the torch from Miko and began running the Secret Santa and Secret Admirer events--then added the Trick or Treat Halloween exchange! Her contributions to the Panboard have been huge--without a doubt this demands merit. Heck, she even put together the AMAs! I wouldn't even be typing this right now if it wasn't for her. Maiju is our clear and organized communicator. Without her, we'd be lost. Through activities and other fun events and discussions, Maiju keeps us all pumping along. If Maiju wasn't already the Mod for the Activities forum, I'd say I'd want her to be the Activity Addict! Haha!

Metanaito

I can't be the only person who thinks Meta should be recognized for keeping the Monthly Ace Challenge in check. Plus Meta is one of the lovely few who contributes to the Pan Note by writing Character Reply segments that are clever and cute! Thank you for all that you do. I wish you came back more often--I'm sure we all miss you!

Sigart

I feel this nomination should also be pretty much self-explanatory. Sig has been active--period. In like, everything! I still remember her from the first time I joined the Old Panboards and the New Panboards. She's been there in both Forums. Every. Single. Step of the way. In the Arrivals forum, Sig has generally been one of the first few to not only say hello, but really, really welcome each new member with fun questions and a nice discussion! She encourages them to come back and explore the boards, and helps get them out of the Cherokee shell! She works hard to be our resident Mod-Power-Police (she kindly, but firmly keeps us on track) and she is extremely knowledgeable in all things Pandect. When we have questions, Sig has answers. So we should answer all of her time and effort with a grand merit! Great job, Sig. You're a true Panthusiast (I wish you could be awarded for that in spite of your Mod status) and always make us proud!

Sihaya

Gah, I don't even know how to proceed with this nomination without squeeing. I love Si. She is unbelievably amazing--the Panboards would not be the same without her. She works as hard as any other Mod here. She is the backbone of the boards--she advertises events, creates a deep bond with the members of the forum, and is a person who many of us can turn to for comfort in times of crisis and sadness. Si is kind, helpful, and inspirational in many, many ways. I have no hesitation in saying that Sihaya genuinely cares about us all and is our support system! She is the Panboard's symbol of sugar and sweetness--if she wasn't a Mod for the Fanfiction forum, I'd hope and pray she was nominated Pantasticaly Prolific for all of the phenomenal pieces she has produced, for all of her revitalizing critique and for all of her polished, enheartening advice. But since she can't, I think we should reward her with her very own rank: PANGELIC.

Virgie

It takes dedication to pump out a great issue of the Pan Note every month, but Virgie definitely helps make the process flawless. I also appreciate how she goes around and leaves lovely, little comments around the board. Getting a few nice remarks from her on different pieces or reading funny things she's said have brightened my day more than once. I wish I could say more things about Virgie that could emphasize how willing she is to help others, but I think no words are necessary here. I'm your far away, secret admirer Virgie!

VolubleViking

VOLVOL. Oh, VolVol. She definitely needs to be rewarded. VolVol is a memorable member--not only because she was always the Panmember whose user name I always had trouble remembering how to spell, but this girl is beautiful, quirky, talented, and just downright HILARIOUS. I've almost died in my seat reading her recounting her experiences more than once. I always want to give her a wave of big hugs for all the laughs she's given me! I'm sure many feel the same. From her saucy stories to her tales of travel, VolVol gives me the hope that one day I can see the World and make my life as exciting as hers. Oh, and her unique art pieces! I'm still waiting on some photos of her metal work, but her body prints were beautiful. I love to hear from her--there is no way she can't be considered for Chatter Champion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Phew. Those are my nominations. So far. Still a lot of thinking to do!

But Si and Mum, really. Thank you so much. You both are so, so gentle-hearted. ;_; I was so happy to read your kind words--I had a silly smile slapped onto my face for a while! You both make me wish I could do better, but truly, I am so touched by you two.

Current Fanfiction: "Plucking Weeds"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:49 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

Pangelic? *blushing like crazy* Thank you! I'm speechless! <3

And thank you again, Mume, for your nomination, too! <3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:25 pm 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

My dear, you trully deserve it. Especially after yesterday. Thank you so much.

All Hail Sigart, Mistress of Zombiedom!
Zombie Clone #3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:38 pm 
Narrator
Narrator

It was my pleasure to help :) Message me whenever you need to!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:02 pm 
No Ace - Animal
No Ace - Animal

I.. I.. Oh, wow. ;__; I'm totally speecless! <3Thank you Aeglera <3 That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about me!
I would be more active if I weren't this busy all the time. I never knew Japanese people are this hard working xD But when I get back Finland I promise I'll be more active ;D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:23 am 
Pandevoted
Pandevoted

I second/third/fourth the nomination of these people :

Aeglera : For being an active member, I think I could found her everywhere in this board. She also contribute some unique fanfics that worth to be mentioned.

Maiju : May be she is not the most active member on the board, but she is one of the most dedicated mod in this board. She works hard for this board as a mod and as the Pan Note Edtior (I knew that well).

Mumette : For being an active member and a contributor to fanfic board.

Orangpuddlogoo : For being an active member, she often join activities.

Sagechan : For being an active member, often join activites (also made one), contribute in fan art also.

Sihaya : Active member, hard working mod, contribute a lot of fanfic, help us with chareply for the Pan Note, often join contests. She deserved the awards.

--

That's it.
Anyway, for people who nominated me, thank you so much ^^;;
Btw, Aegy, I'm not a mod, I'm a regular member =p

Last edited by virgie on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:32 am 
Narrator
Narrator

Thank you, Virgie <3

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next